9’ Wide Road-Friendly Transport (Optional)
Road-Friendly Transport option is available on both models. This dealer-installed option transforms the R1 to a road-friendly 9’ (2.75m) wide transport. Switch from the field to transport in 30 seconds, for quick, safe travel to, from, and between fields. Moving from a 10 to 16-foot mower can increase productivity by 60%, making this option ideal for operations where width restrictions are the limiting factor.
Clean Cut & 3 Year Cutterbar Warranty
Our low profile forward mounted cutting discs provide a flat header angle resulting in a cleaner, smoother cut than ever before. And this new design is backed by MacDon’s 3 Year Cutterbar Warranty. That’s our way of ensuring worry-free harvesting performance.
Featuring the industry’s widest conditioning roll at 129” (328cm), and 4 interchangeable conditioning options. Choose from Steel Inter-Meshing, Polyurethane Inter-Meshing, Finger Conditioner, or No Conditioner option. The R1 lays down well-formed, well-conditioned WIDE to NARROW windrows to suit a variety of conditioning needs.
Unique Responsive Float
Using minimal ground pressure, our Responsive Float System moves the R1 “Up and Back”, as it encounters bumps in the field. This unique movement results in true, even ground following and helps ensure a clean, smooth cut.
Low Horse Power Requirements
Requires only 100hp for 13’ and 125hp for 16’ model. 1000 PTO 1.375” (35mm) / 21 spline or 1.75” (45mm) / 20 spline. Less horse power means less fuel consumption.
Available in 13’ (4m) and 16’ (4.9m) models.
Optional Kits Available For This Product:
Tall Crop Divider Option
Hydraulic Header Angle Kit Option
Polyurethane Iinter-Meshing Conditioning Roller Option
- Delivers a combination crimp/crush action while being more gentle to plant leaves
- A combination of the wide rolls (129”) which promotes a thin material mat and the roll profile (crush type) is ideally suited to such crops as alfalfa, alfalfa/grass mix
- Also effective for finer stemmed plants which usually have more solid stems like native hay, timothy and bermuda grass
Steel Inter-Meshing Conditioning Roller Option
- A crimp-style is especially effective for stiff or solid plant stem material
- Produces well-formed windrows over a wide range of widths
- For high volume crops where aggressive feeding through header is an advantage, such as milo, sudan grass, and oats
- In smooth stemmed crops like timothy, the steel bars provide positive crop flow from cutterbar to the windrow
- For alfalfa producers, the steel inter-meshing roll action assists plant dry down by creating uniform crimps on the plant stem, without bruising the delicate leaves
- Able to provide consistent conditioning through uneven crop volumes
- In areas where crops and or conditions are considered to be abrasive
- Extremely durable requires minimal maintenance
Finger Conditioning Roller Option
- Wipes stem wax from plant stems
- Crops and conditions where removal of stem waxes combined with fluffier windrows are able to achieve desired dry down times such as Coastal Grass and other mixed forages
- Requires the least amount of horsepower of the conditioner types